Wednesday 25 March 2015

Inspired - J'adore Paris!!

I took my eldest daughter, Eden, to Paris for the weekend (her 16th birthday present from me) and now I'm feeling very inspired.  I love Paris!!  It's one of the cities I just want to go to again and again and again!! I love the French people too.  I've always thought that from a distance they look so preoccupied and serious, but as soon as I start a conversation their faces light up and are the most expressive I've encountered anywhere.  They really are a friendly nation.  My French is pretty bad, but I do try and I'm always graciously answered in English, which I do find rather amusing.  Before we left I sent our hotel an email in French to let them know we'd be arriving really late, and they responded in English, which just goes to show how bad it must be.

I couldn't believe how busy it was considering it's meant to be off-season.  I guess there's no such thing as off-season for Paris.  We made a point of going to the Eiffel Tower early and only waited 30 minutes in the queue (I have waited over 3 hours in the past).  We weren't quite so lucky with the Louvre or the Catacombs (2 hours), but they were both worth the wait.  Everywhere you look in Paris there is some form of art, whether it's the architecture, sculpture, painting or graffiti, it's just everywhere!  Something that really stood out for me was the texture.  I wish I'd taken some mould maker and been brave enough to take moulds of everything that caught my eye!  I did take a notebook though, which is now full of new ideas, and of course my camera, which I'm quite attached to.  Here are some of the photos I took....


Thanks for reading. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment